CHICAGO — Mérieux NutriSciences announced the acquisition of Food Technology Consulting International Inc., a Canadian Food Safety consulting, training and auditing solutions provider.
With more than 20 years of experience, Food Technology Consulting offers the quality, credibility, and confidentiality necessary to support the development, implementation and maintenance of effective food safety programming, said Mérieux. Their accredited and experienced consultants, trainers and auditors create added value to client partners. Its history to provide tailored value-added solutions and long-standing partnerships with customers make them an ideal fit, according to Mérieux.
This acquisition diversifies the service offering and expands Mérieux NutriSciences' footprint in Canada to better serve this region, the company said.
"We are enthusiastic about having the talented team at Food Technology Consulting join us and welcome them to our network," said Sébastien Moulard, president of Mérieux NutriSciences, North America. "This acquisition supports our position as a major player in the consulting market and strengthens our presence in Canada."
"Over the last two decades, our mission has been to become the undisputed leader in food safety and quality in the food industry. This agreement brings us one step closer to accomplishing this goal," said Ivana Roskic, Food Technology Consulting International, Inc.
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- On the Lack of Diversity in The Food Safety Set
- The Food Safety Set: 21 People Who Have Shaped the Last 30 Years of Food Safety
- Frank Yiannas Resigns From FDA
- IDFA Names New Members of Executive Council and Directors for Five Industry Segment Boards
- JBS Urges for Technical and Financial Support to Rural Producers at Davos
- Stop Foodborne Illness Selects Ecolab VP as Newest Board Member
- USDA Publishes Strengthening Organic Enforcement Final Rule
- Career Advice for QA Professionals