We polled readers on whether or not they were ready for the FASTER Act sesame regulation that went live Jan. 1. The regulation added sesame to the list of eight major allergens. Here's what they said.
Were you ready for the FASTER Act sesame regulation that went live Jan. 1?
Good news! Everyone was ready. In fact, when we polled readers last year ahead of the act going into affect, 29% were already controlling for sesame prior to the Jan. 1, 2023, date.
For more on the new regulation and some advice on how to manage it, check out our March/April 2022 story on controlling the ingredient.
Check our latest poll: What were your biggest challenges in 2022?
Latest from Quality Assurance & Food Safety
- On the Lack of Diversity in The Food Safety Set
- The Food Safety Set: 21 People Who Have Shaped the Last 30 Years of Food Safety
- Frank Yiannas Resigns From FDA
- IDFA Names New Members of Executive Council and Directors for Five Industry Segment Boards
- JBS Urges for Technical and Financial Support to Rural Producers at Davos
- Stop Foodborne Illness Selects Ecolab VP as Newest Board Member
- USDA Publishes Strengthening Organic Enforcement Final Rule
- Career Advice for QA Professionals